400g Areosol can
Cold Galv is a heavy duty, zinc rich cold galvanizing compound that prevents rust and inhibits corrosion on iron and steel surfaces. Sacrificial galvanizing action continues protecting even if scratched. Cold Galv contains 98.5% pure zinc particles with 91.4% zinc in the dry film, for maximum performance in hostile conditions. Ideal as a protective polimer or for touch-up of damaged galvanized surfaces. Meets the requirements of AS/NZS 3750 for weld through applications.
- Restoration of galvanised steel roofing
- Agricultrual machinery
- Mining equipment, oil rigs and off-shore drilling structures
- Underground pipe lines, ducts, automotive bodies
- Fences and gates
- Air conditioning units
- Railroad equipment, structural steel tanks, transmission towers
- Repairing welds and previously galvanised surfaces
- Why are some COLD GALVANIZING products so cheap?
- Because they do not meet Australian Standards for surface coatings.
- AS/NZS 3750 requires>85% zinc in the dry film.
- Dont be fooled by certain claims eg: 99% pure zinc - this does not relate to zinc in the dry film.
- If you are paying around $4.00 AUS for Cold Galvanizing products, you are probably being conned. Ask your supplier for proof that the product meets Australian Standards for zinc surface coatings.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Surface to be treated must be totally free of rust, dirt, oil etc. If necessary sandblast or clean with sandpaper.
- Shake the can vigorously until agitator ball is free and continue shaking thereafter for a further 1 minute.
- Holding can upright, spray + 20cm away from surface using smooth even strokes. To prevent paint running or sagging do not spray to heavily or to close to the surface. Repeat as necessary allowing time for drying between each coat.
- May be painted over once dry to provide a final protective top coat.